Technology is the key differentiator and problem solver, playing a pivotal role in transforming and growing businesses. It is the prominent disruptive force across industries. Therefore tech-based companies have emerged as the most sought-after investment opportunity in the recent past.
Success stories of technology startups, such as Google, Alibaba, Facebook, Flipkart and Amazon have left an indelible mark on global economy. Tech-based businesses, in general, have recorded exponential growth over the past five years. The overall picture for tech startups appears encouraging business wise therefore they are able to attract decent investment.
In sync with tremendous opportunity in tech industry, Kaizen Matters presents a hands-on workshop on valuation and fund raising for tech industry where delegates will receive comprehensive knowledge about new valuation methods and approaches, fundraising processes & strategies, key legal aspects as well as governance and regulatory matters surrounding tech industry.
The objective of this workshop is to provide methods and approaches for the valuation of tech startups. By the end of it, participants should be able to:
- Understand the valuation methods and approaches
- Foresee the growth of tech startups
- Analyze and critique the use of appropriate valuation model
- Learn valuation approach and modeling for sector wise tech startups
- Learn fundraising process and strategies
- Demystify legal documents for fund raising
- Key legal aspects, governance and regulatory matters surrounding tech startups
Who Should attend?
- Tech entrepreneurs and tech start-ups looking to raise funds
- Corporates who are looking to acquire tech startups
- CXOs, MDs, Directors and Senior Management of tech startups
- PE, VC Investment Professionals
- M&A and strategy team
- Angel, private and institutional investors
- I-Bankers, Advisers & Consultants
- Tech Startups: Evolution & Key Characteristics
- Financing Life-Cycle and Value Drivers
- Valuation Methods: Venture Capital Method, DCF, Real Option, Probability-Weighted Methods and Various Alternative Approaches
- Global Illustrations
- Valuation Myths and Realities
- Case Study
- Revenue Growth Rate
- Average Revenue per User (ARPU)
- Churn Rate
- Burn Rate
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
- User Engagement: Daily/Monthly Active Users
- Activation Rate
- Customer Life Time Value
- Conversion Rate
- Case Study
- Health Tech
- E- Commerce
- Edu Tech
- Understanding the Term Sheet
- Deal structuring
- Preparing for Due Diligence , getting the house in order
- NDA & Due Diligence
- Subscription and Shareholder Agreements and other Legal documentation
- Foreign investor domestic regulatory issues impacting tech startups
- Case Study
- Identification of Fundraising Prospects
- Types of Fund Raising
- Fund Raising Strategy
- Tips for Successful Fundraising
Registration is based on first-come, first-serve basis
Cancellations received up to 7 business days prior to date of training will get full refund.
Cancellations received in less than 7 business days prior to date of training will not get refund.
Once participation is confirmed, participants are liable to pay full amount even in no show-up case,
Substitutions within a company are permitted, request must be by email.
Kaizen Matters reserves the right to modify content, expert(s), venue & date(s) of the training.
In case of training cancellation, participants will be refunded the course fee in full.
Kaizen Matters shall not be liable for any damages that may be incurred due to training cancellation.